World for Learning uses affiliate links, see our policies for more information.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and if your kids are anything like mine, they’re super excited to celebrate another holiday! Even though I have all boys, they still love to exchange Valentines with their friends. They also love any opportunity for craft time and great books. One of our favorite go-to heart crafts, fun for both boys and girls, is the Norwegian Heart Basket.
To share the love, we’ve created a Norwegian Heart Basket FREEbie template with instructions! These cute paper baskets make unique and fun Valentines that you and your kids can fill with treats and gift to your friends and loved ones.
Download your Norwegian Heart Basket FREEbie today and start making super cute and unique Valentines or “just because”!
As you probably have figured out by now, we LOVE books! Holidays are the perfect time to bring out special thematic books to learn more about that holiday, or “just for fun.” Below are some of our recommendations for Valentine’s Day:
- Cranberry Valentine by Wende Devlin
- We were first exposed to Wende Devlin’s “Cranberry” series through Cranberry Thanksgiving. My boys love hearing what Mr. Whiskers is up to and I love how the books tie to various holidays throughout the year!
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Little Critter! by Mercer Mayer
- Little Critter books have been around for as long as I can remember. Fun books for a quick read-aloud or for young readers to read on their own.
- The Story of Valentine’s Day by Clyde Robert Bulla
- This book gives a simple history of the origin of Valentine’s Day, with a few recipes and crafts for good measure.
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
- Sweet story about love being the tie that binds; neither distance nor death can separate us from those we love.
- Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
- Gentle reminder that holidays like Valentine’s Day are about love and not about buying gifts.
We hope you enjoy the books above and our Norwegian Heart Basket FREEbie! What do you and your family do to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- Family History Activity for Kids [FREEbie & Giveaway] - April 17, 2014
- Caps for Sale FREE Printable - April 15, 2014
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World [FREE Printable] - March 31, 2014